Current Openings (1)
Casa of the Fox Cities, Inc.: Volunteer Advocate Coordinator
Our organization is growing, and we need you! CASA of the Fox Cities, an Outagamie County child advocacy organization, is accepting applications for a Volunteer Advocate Coordinator (40 hrs./week). The Volunteer Advocate Coordinator assumes responsibility for supervision, case management, and coordination of assigned advocates to ensure children who have experienced abuse and neglect receive quality advocacy in court. Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Employee must be willing to work occasional early mornings, evenings, weekends, or more hours than normally required in a week in the event of special circumstances. Any non-exempt employee working more than their regularly scheduled hours will be compensated according to FLSA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social service-related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience, or a law degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience supervising, managing, and coordinating volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis related to child abuse and neglect
- Experience with child welfare systems strongly preferred (especially in Outagamie County)
- Ability to train, supervise, and empower volunteers to be effective advocates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- The ability to sit and/or stand for periods of 8 hours or more. Must have the ability to ambulate into office buildings, such as court, and children’s homes, to conduct site visits. This may involve climbing steps. The ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally is required. A valid driver’s license is required to travel to site visits, court appointments, other travel as required to complete case work.
- Must complete CASA of the Fox Cities Advocacy Pre-Service Training within first 6-months of hire (30 hrs.)
Successful completion of a background check is a condition of employment. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. CASA of the Fox Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or religion/creed.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume including salary requirements, to [email protected], with the subject line “CASA Volunteer Advocate Coordinator.” No phone inquiries please.
Application deadline: Jan. 30, 2022