Current Openings (1)
Volunteer Advocate Coordinator
CASA of the Fox Cities, an Outagamie County child advocacy organization, is accepting applications for a .75 FTE Volunteer Advocate Coordinator (30 hours/week). The Volunteer Advocate Coordinator assumes responsibility for supervision, case management, and coordination of assigned advocates to ensure that abused and neglected children receive quality advocacy in court. Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employee must be willing to work occasional early mornings, evenings, weekends, or more hours than normally required in a week in the event of special circumstances. Any non-exempt employee working more than their regularly scheduled hours will be compensated according to FLSA.
- Commitment to the program’s mission, goals and standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect. Those with experience working with such families given preference
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
- The ability to build relationships with social services, local courts and community resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social service-related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to sit and/or stand for periods of 8 hours or more. Must have the ability to ambulate into office buildings, such as Court, and children’s homes, to conduct site visits. This may involve climbing steps. The ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally is required. A valid driver’s license is required to travel to site visits, Court appointments, other travel as required to complete case work.
- Complete CASA of the Fox Cities Advocacy Training (40 hrs.)
Successful completion of applicable background checks is a condition of employment. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. CASA of the Fox Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or religion/creed. To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to Dawn Gohlke at CASA of the Fox Cities [email protected], with the subject line “CASA Volunteer Advocate Coordinator.” No phone inquiries please. Deadline August 31, 2020.